We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Climbing roses are the most popular flowers used for vertical landscaping of gardens. These plants have a wide variety of heights and colors, which allows you to create unique flower arrangements.
But it often happens that the grower is waiting for the buds to bloom, but the climbing rose does not bloom. It's a shame, isn't it? Let's try to figure out what was done wrong.
The rose does not bloom, the reasons
Roses refuse to give flowers to their owners for various reasons. First of all, this is due to the mistakes of flower growers during the care of the queen of flowers. What other factors affect the lack of flowering, and how to fix the situation.
Insufficient nutrient substrate
Climbing roses are picky plants, they grow well in loose, fertile soil. If there is no flowering, you need to find out what is the reason. Most likely, the queen of the garden suffers from depletion of the soil, the plant does not receive the necessary nutrients for the harmonious development.
Advice! The error must be corrected as soon as possible and start feeding the climbing rose.
Top dressing scheme:
- After a young plant has been planted, it is fed with organic fertilizers: mullein (1:10) or chicken droppings (1:20) are insisted and bred. For each bush from 3 to 5 liters.
- After wintering, when work has already been done to form a bush, so that the climbing queen blooms, you need to feed her with ammonium nitrate - 30 grams per 1 sq. m. Repeatedly after 14 days.
- When the first buds appear, climbing roses are fed with complex fertilizers containing nitrogen. You can use Kemiru Lux (30 grams per square).
- In late June - early August, complex nitrogen-containing fertilizers are again used.
- The last dressing should be done closer to autumn, when the roses stop blooming. Its task is to get well-ripened shoots. The plant, so that in the spring the question does not arise, why climbing roses do not bloom, is fertilized with superphosphate - 30 grams per square.
There is no flowering if the soil under the plants is compressed. Loosening is a mandatory procedure.
Attention! It must be remembered that the depth should be no more than 7 cm so as not to damage the root system.
A lot of overgrowth
The presence of a large number of shoots in the root zone can also be the reason why the climbing rose does not want to bloom. Untimely removed shoots eventually turn into wild animals. In addition, it sucks out nutrients, the cultivated shoots are weak.
Root shoots are cut close to the ground. Thinning should be done with the onset of warm days. Any damage, freezing in winter makes the plant weak. Shoots growing inward are also removed. The diagram is shown in the photo.
After the rose bush has faded, you also need to prune.
A few secrets of pruning climbing roses:
- Use sharp, disinfected instruments;
- First of all, cut out the buds directed into the depths of the bush;
- Cut the shoot obliquely, without long stumps.
Excess or lack of nitrogen fertilization can cause climbing roses not to bloom.
If the plants are overfed with nitrogen, they intensively "drive" the green mass, and the buds are not formed. You can add potassium salt to the soil by mixing it with superphosphate.
Important! Top dressing should be given strictly according to the norm, alternating organic matter and mineral fertilizers.
Wood ash extract is an excellent natural supplement containing potassium. It can be used in place of store-bought fertilizers.
Diseases affect the ability to bloom
If you decide to find out why the climbing rose does not bloom, check if the plant is sick. Most often, flowers are affected by powdery mildew or bark cancer. What if the disease is present?
Consider the necessary activities:
- from powdery mildew, the buds and shoots are sprayed twice in early spring with a 1% solution of Bordeaux liquid, the same measures can be carried out as preventive measures. There will be no harm;
- for the prevention of cancer, timely feeding of climbing roses with fertilizers containing potassium, the correct shelter of plants for the winter is necessary.
Among the reasons is the wrong landing site.
The queen of the garden does not form buds and does not bloom if she lacks light. In addition, shoots develop incorrectly in the shade. Due to the strong stretching, they do not have time to ripen, in winter they can freeze out. The detached plants will be weak, they are unlikely to bloom.
A large amount of light also has a detrimental effect on the ability of climbing roses to bloom. Many buds can form, but the hot sun burns them.
What rules for planting roses you need to follow:
- A well-lit place is selected for the queen of flowers, but at noon direct sunlight should not fall on the plant.
- Climbing roses need to be protected from the north wind. Cold can cause the plant to not flower.
- Trees on the site should be kept clear of roses. As a real queen, she doesn't like to share space with anyone. Moreover, trees have a powerful root system, no matter how you feed the flowers, they will always lack nutrients.
Advice! If you are a novice florist, do not neglect the advice and recommendations of knowledgeable people at the time of planting rose bushes.
Plants wintered badly
Autumn work is an important event. If they are carried out poorly, in the spring you will involuntarily ask a question, last summer the rose bush bloomed violently, but now it does not please with flowers.
In the fall, wild shoots are cut, weeds are removed. While the vine is not frozen, it is bent to the ground. To prevent the shoots from rising, they are carefully pinned. To save the plants from a drop in temperatures and excess moisture, a shelter is made over the roses. It can be made of plastic wrap, boards.
Important! The shelter should allow for the possibility of an air gap.
If it is not there, climbing roses can snuff. Then there can be no talk of any flowering in the summer.
Growing roses is a fun activity, but without knowledge, nothing good comes of it. In order for your climbing roses to become a real decoration of your site, you need to study the rules for caring for them.
See how beautifully the numerous flowers are spread out on the fence.
A huge blooming bouquet of roses with an inimitable scent!