Vinegar blanks are not welcome in every family. Some cannot use it for health reasons, some adhere to a healthy diet. In both cases, vinegar is excluded from the diet. Therefore, the recipe for tender squash caviar without vinegar for the winter is very popular. Zucchini dishes are recommended for diabetes, for those who want to maintain harmony and for dietary nutrition.
Few dare to make blanks without vinegar for the winter. Vinegar helps preserve food in the winter, but proper sterilization helps squash caviar to withstand a long time in jars and without it. We will consider how to carry it out below.
Essential ingredients for caviar
Of course, connoisseurs of zucchini dishes prefer young vegetables. They have thin peels and very soft seeds. The taste of the workpiece is delicate, and the consistency is uniform. For more "adult" zucchini, you will have to carefully cut off the skin and remove all seeds. Only in this case, the squash caviar without vinegar will turn out without lumps.
For tasty and nutritious caviar, the list of products includes:
- 2 kilograms of the main ingredient - young zucchini;
- 1 kilogram of juicy carrots;
- 5-6 fresh tomatoes or 1 cup ready-made tomato paste;
- 0.5 kilograms of onions;
- 1 glass of unrefined vegetable oil;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 8 tablespoons of sugar.
Each ingredient requires preliminary preparation:
- Before starting processing, the caviar zucchini must be thoroughly washed. We cut the young ones at once, which we clean the older ones first.
- Remove the husk from the onion and cut it into cubes.
- Peel the carrots, and then chop them in the right way.
- First, cut the tomatoes, pour over them with boiling water and remove the skin. Then grind in a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
At the end, we always get a pasty homogeneous mass, and the preparation of caviar from zucchini without vinegar for winter use at the initial stage may differ. Different recipes for squash mix usually contain a similar set of ingredients, but the processing technology is different.
There are several options for preparing vegetables:
- Wash and peel all vegetables. Then twist the zucchini, onions, carrots and tomatoes in a meat grinder. Pour sunflower oil into a container and warm it up a little. Add vegetables, stir and simmer. At the end of the process, salt the caviar, add chopped garlic, sugar and spices (if desired) and continue cooking until fully cooked.
- Cut the peeled vegetables into small cubes.
Fry the onions first, then add the carrots and the zucchini last. Stir the mixture, simmer until tender for an hour.
- Further, it is recommended to grind the mass. To do this, use an immersion blender, a mashed potato crush or a meat grinder. In a meat grinder, of course, load vegetables that have cooled slightly so as not to burn your fingers. We will get a homogeneous puree of a beautiful color. Salt and pepper it, add sugar and salt and simmer for another hour. And now - the nuances of sterilizing the workpiece, with the help of which squash caviar for the winter without vinegar will stand safely all winter.
- During cooking, we sterilize the cans and, most importantly, the lids! We put the squash puree in jars, but do not roll it up, but simply cover it with lids. Pour water into a saucepan and put jars in it. The water should be at the level of the neck so that it does not flood the jars when boiling. We boil the jars for 40 minutes. Then we take it out of the pan, roll it up, turn it over and wrap it up. Our caviar will cool down slowly and for a long time, so it will warm up well. And this is the main condition for its long-term storage.
Varieties of recipes for harvesting without vinegar
To diversify the taste of your favorite zucchini caviar, many housewives like to experiment and add extraordinary ingredients to the recipe.
Zucchini caviar for the winter, for which no vinegar is needed, can be prepared with celery root. For this option, you will need to add 50 grams of celery root to the main set of ingredients.
We wash young zucchini well, and peel the older ones. Cut into circles no more than 1 cm thick. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the zucchini. Let us cool, grind in a meat grinder. Moving on to the rest of the ingredients. Finely chop the celery root with carrots, fry the onions separately in sunflower oil. Peel the tomatoes and chop them. To do this, we use a meat grinder or an ordinary kitchen grater. We mix the ingredients prepared for cooking, add the main spices, salt and sugar to taste. Simmer the squash puree without vinegar until the moisture evaporates.
We put the finished zucchini blank into sterilized jars, cover with lids, put in a bowl with water and sterilize for 30-40 minutes, depending on the volume. For half-liter jars, half an hour is enough, liter jars need more time. After that, we roll up the jars and wrap them up to cool.
The original recipe for squash caviar without vinegar for the winter with the addition of mushrooms is liked by the hostesses for their nutritional value and unusual taste.
To prepare the workpiece, you will need 1 kilogram of young zucchini:
- 0.5 kg of fresh mushrooms;
- a pair of onions;
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes with good taste;
- 2 pcs. sweet pepper, thick-walled;
- 1 dessert carrot;
- 1 bunch of fresh dill;
- 1 head of medium size garlic;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of thick tomato paste;
- 0.5 cups sunflower oil;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of lemon juice;
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
First, wash all the vegetables well and prepare the caviar for stewing. To do this, grate carrots, zucchini and sweet peppers on a coarse grater. Onions in half rings, tomatoes - in a meat grinder. Cut the mushrooms into strips and, first of all, put in the pan. Once they are fried, remove them from the oil and put the onions in it. After 5 minutes add the carrots, after another 15 minutes add the zucchini. We continue to simmer for a quarter of an hour, then add the peppers and tomatoes. After half an hour, add mushrooms and tomato paste. Next, send salt, your favorite spices, lemon juice, chopped herbs to the pan. We bring the mass to readiness, put it in sterile jars and, to be sure, sterilize it for 30 minutes. Roll up and cool.
There are a lot of recipes for squash caviar without vinegar. Those listed in this article are a small part of the creativity of lovers of culinary preparations. You can add your ingredients to instant caviar to test the taste and quality. And then prepare the winter preparation.