We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peeled tomatoes in their own juice for the winter is a delicate and delicious preparation that is not so difficult to prepare, contrary to popular belief. There are only a few nuances that must be taken into account when making this dish and the result will delight everyone who at least somehow comes into contact with it.
The nuances of cooking tomatoes in their own juice without skin
Of course, it is more convenient and faster to cook tomatoes in their own juice in the traditional way, without peeling them off. But peeled tomatoes have a much more pleasant taste and delicate texture. In addition, there is a recipe for really cooking tomatoes in their own juice (without additional pouring) and only peeled tomatoes can be used for it. In many other cases, to peel tomatoes or not - everyone chooses for himself. But, having become better acquainted with the main secrets of freeing tomatoes from the peel, any housewife will already be calm about this simple procedure.
A common technique used in the manufacture of tomatoes in their own juice is filling glass jars with fruits and pouring them with tomato sauce, followed by sterilization.
You can do without sterilization, but this will require either the addition of vinegar or additional heating of the tomatoes in a jar. If peeled fruits are used, this may adversely affect their appearance. Therefore, if heat warming for peeled tomatoes is done, then only once, so that the peeled tomatoes do not turn into gruel.
Of course, when canning peeled tomatoes in their own juice, you should choose the fruits with the maximum density. Size also matters - large fruits may not fit into the jar entirely, and it will take too much fuss to peel cherry tomatoes from the skin. It is best to use medium sized tomatoes.
When it comes to using a variety of additives, peeled tomatoes in their own juice are so delicious on their own that they are usually prepared using the minimum required amount of ingredients.
How to quickly peel tomatoes
The classic, so-called "grandmother's" method of peeling tomatoes is a method of using boiling water and ice.
Attention! You should not undertake to peel overripe or too soft tomatoes - they can immediately fall apart from the use of boiling water and will not withstand preservation as a whole.
You need to prepare:
- a pot of boiling water;
- a bowl of ice water (you can add a few pieces of ice to the water to maintain a suitable temperature);
Tomatoes are thoroughly washed from contamination, the stalks are removed and slightly dried. Then, on the reverse side of the stalk, a cross-shaped cut of the skin is made on each tomato.
Advice! It is best to sit next to the stove so that the water in the pot continues to boil slowly during the procedure.
Each tomato is dipped in boiling water for 10-25 seconds. The exact time spent in boiling water depends on the ripeness of the tomatoes - the more ripe they are, the less they need to be kept there. But it is not advisable for tomatoes to stay in boiling water for more than 30 seconds, since they will already begin to cook. The tomato is then removed from the boiling water and immediately placed in ice water for about 20 seconds, after which it is pulled out onto a tray or flat dish.
Even at the moment the tomatoes are in boiling water, you can see how the peel will begin to move away from the fruit at the incision site. After carrying out this simple procedure, the peel practically peels off by itself, you can only slightly help it using the blunt side of the knife.
If there is very little time and you want to carry out this procedure faster, then you can simply peel the tomatoes from the skin with boiling water. To do this, put the tomatoes in a deep bowl and pour boiling water for 20-30 seconds. The water is drained and the tomatoes are ready to be peeled. You can even then pour ice water for 10-20 seconds to make it easier to peel the already cooled fruits. But one has only to take into account that in this case the peel will not peel off very evenly, in the form of pieces.
How to peel tomatoes in the microwave
Peeled tomatoes can also be easily and quickly obtained through exposure to high temperatures, for example, in the microwave.
The skin of the washed and dried fruit is slightly cut in the form of a cross, and the tomatoes themselves are placed on a flat plate and placed in the microwave for 30 seconds. The peel itself will begin to separate from the pulp and it is not difficult to completely peel the tomatoes.
If there is no microwave oven, then in the same way you can heat tomatoes by placing them on a fork and placing them a few centimeters from an open flame, for example, a gas burner. Rotating the fruit 360 ° for even heating on all sides for 20-30 seconds, you can achieve the same effect - the skin will begin to flake off.
Peeled tomatoes in their own juice for the winter
This recipe for peeled tomatoes is the most traditional - in the old days it was widespread due to its ease of manufacture.
The calculation of the products is done for one half-liter jar - it is this volume of containers that are ideal for preparing according to this recipe.
- About 300 g of tomatoes (or how much will fit in a jar);
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt;
- 1 tbsp. a spoon without a slide of sugar;
- Citric acid on the tip of a knife;
- 5 peppercorns.
Advice! If there is a desire to use larger dishes, then the amount of ingredients is increased in proportion to the volume of the cans.
The procedure for making peeled tomatoes in their own juice consists of the following steps.
- Banks are thoroughly washed with soda, rinsed and sterilized.
- Citric acid, salt and sugar are placed in each jar.
- Tomatoes are also well washed and peeled using one of the methods described above.
- Peeled fruits are placed in jars and covered with pre-sterilized lids.
- Then the jars with tomatoes are placed in a wide saucepan, on the bottom of which they put a stand or at least a napkin.
- Water is poured into the pan so that it reaches the hangers of the cans, and the pan is placed on moderate heat.
- After boiling water in a saucepan, you need to carefully look under the lid of one of the cans - the tomatoes should give juice and settle to the bottom of the can.
- In this case, a few more tomatoes are added to each jar.
- After all the jars are filled with fruits and juice to the very neck, it is necessary to heat-sterilize the workpiece for another 15 minutes.
- The jars are then sealed for winter storage.
Recipe for peeled tomatoes with cloves
The peeled tomatoes in their own juice prepared according to this recipe are not only delicious on their own, but also ideal as a ready-made component of a variety of first and second courses.
An additional advantage of this workpiece is that you can try it just a few days after swirling. While the harvesting with peeled tomatoes is ready only after a month.
You should prepare:
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 liter of tomato juice;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of apple cider vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of salt;
- 10 pieces of cloves.
The manufacturing process is very simple.
- Tomatoes are washed, peeled.
- They are laid out in clean cans.
- The juice is heated to a boil, sugar, salt, cloves and vinegar are added.
- Pour tomatoes with boiling juice and sterilize for about 20 minutes (liter cans).
Peeled tomatoes in their own juice with garlic
If you want to do without sterilization, then you can try to cook peeled tomatoes in your own juice according to this recipe. But it is advisable to store the resulting workpiece in a cool place - in a cellar or refrigerator.
You will need:
- 2 kg of tomatoes for filling cans;
- 2 kg of tomatoes for juicing;
- a head of garlic;
- 75 g sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of citric acid;
- 40 g salt;
- 10 black peppercorns.
- Rinse the tomatoes, peel them and put them in sterile jars along with peeled and cut garlic.
- Pour boiling water over vegetables, leave for 5 minutes and drain.
- Prepare juice from the other part of the tomatoes: pass them through a juicer or meat grinder and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper and citric acid to the juice and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes and garlic with boiling tomato juice and immediately tighten with sterile lids.
- Put to cool upside down under a warm blanket.
How to properly store peeled tomatoes in their own juice
Tomatoes in their own juice, cooked without sterilization, are allowed to be stored only in a cool place for no more than a year.
The rest of the workpieces with peeled tomatoes can be stored even at room conditions, but without access to light. In such conditions, they can last 12 months. But when stored in a cellar, their shelf life increases to three years.
Cooking peeled tomatoes in their own juice is not at all as difficult as it seems. This blank is very easy to use and has more perfect taste.