We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Eggplant caviar is a tasty and healthy treat for adults and children. It is loved and cooked in many families. There are many different recipes for this dish with a varied range of ingredients. But eggplant caviar with tomato paste turns out to be especially tasty. Even a novice housewife can cook it quickly enough. We will talk about how to do this later in the article.
The best recipes for eggplant caviar with the addition of tomato paste
An experienced housewife will surely find her favorite recipe for cooking this vegetable dish, which she regularly uses from year to year. Novice culinary specialists are more often in search of a recipe that satisfies all taste needs and preferences. It is for such novice cooks that we will try to provide a list and description of the best recipes for eggplant caviar with tomato paste. These recipes have been tested by time and have already found a lot of admirers, whose number is regularly replenished with new fans.
A simple recipe with a minimal set of products
The given recipe for eggplant caviar is classic. It will take a little time to prepare it and the minimum amount of food, which you will probably always find in the kitchen. Such a dish can not only be eaten immediately after cooking, but can also be preserved for the winter. In the cold season, when the body is especially acutely deficient in vitamins, vegetable caviar will become a truly desirable dish on every table.
Required set of products
As already noted, this recipe assumes the use of only the most affordable products. So, in addition to 1 kg of eggplant, you must use 200 g of onions and the same amount of carrots, tomato paste in the amount of 200 g, 100 g of sunflower or olive oil, 100-120 g of herbs, as well as spices to taste. Spices used may include salt, sugar, and various types of pepper.
Important! If necessary, grated fresh tomato will replace the tomato paste, but in this case the taste of the snack will be bland. You can correct the situation by adding a large amount of spices.
It is quite simple to prepare caviar according to the proposed recipe. Every housewife will certainly be able to cope with this task. For a better understanding, the process of cooking caviar can be described in several stages:
- Wash and peel the eggplants, cut into small cubes and fry in a pan with oil until cooked.
- Skip soft pieces of eggplant while hot with a knife or meat grinder.
- Peel, chop and fry carrots and onions. Add a small amount of sugar, salt, pepper to the finished mixture of onions and carrots. You can use ground black pepper and allspice.
- Combine prepared ingredients in one container, mix, add tomato paste.
- Simmer vegetables over low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
If it is decided to preserve the eggplant caviar for the winter, then the cooking process can be somewhat simplified: by mixing all the ingredients, you do not need to stew them. Caviar must be filled in clean jars and sterilized together with vegetables for 10-15 minutes, then rolled up.
Excellent recipe for tender caviar
Autumn is that wonderful time when all the most delicious and healthy vegetables ripen in the garden. It is customary not only to eat them fresh, but also to preserve them for the winter. Eggplant caviar prepared according to the recipe below can become a complex vegetable preparation.
List of products
Eggplants, tomatoes, onions, carrots and bell peppers - this is the list of foods that form the basis of this dish. The chefs will be able to confirm that all of these ingredients are excellent combinations and complement each other. But in food preparation, it is important to know the exact proportions of foods. So, for eggplant caviar, you will need eggplants themselves in an amount of 2 kg, tomatoes in the same volume, sweet bell peppers (preferably red), 600 g of carrots, 400 g of onions, a head of garlic and a bunch of greens, 300 ml of oil, 3-4 tbsp. l. salt and aromatic spices to taste.
Important! Replace 2 kg of fresh tomatoes with tomato paste in the amount of 1 liter.
Eggplant caviar is distinguished by its tenderness. This is achieved due to the fact that all products are minced using a meat grinder. This method takes less time to cut the ingredients and produces a product with excellent uniform consistency. The use of a meat grinder makes the process of preparing caviar literally a conveyor belt.
You can prepare eggplant caviar with bell pepper and garlic by performing the following manipulations:
- Peel the onion and chop it finely with a knife. This is the only ingredient that does not need to be chopped up in a meat grinder and is sent to the preheated pan first.
- While the onions are fried over low heat, the peeled carrots are chopped with a meat grinder and added to the pan.
- Next, it's the turn of the eggplant. They are also minced with a meat grinder and added to the frying kettle. Stir all the ingredients in the pan regularly to prevent burning.
- Bell peppers and tomatoes are poured over with boiling water, peeled from them. In tomatoes, the hard place of attachment of the stalk is removed, in peppers, the seed chamber is cleaned of grains. Vegetables are ground and sent to the total mass of products. At this time, instead of tomatoes, you can add tomato paste to the caviar;
- A half portion of salt is added to the mixture of vegetables, after which the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the container is tightly covered with a lid. Stew the caviar for 50-60 minutes. Sunflower oil is added to the dish during frying as needed.
- Literally 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add chopped herbs, garlic, the remaining amount of salt, ground peppers to the vegetable mixture. Before completing cooking, you need to taste a spoonful of slightly cooled caviar and, if necessary, add spices to taste.
The number of ingredients in the proposed recipe allows you to prepare 4-5 liters of eggplant snacks for the winter. After preparation, the hot mixture is laid out in clean, dry jars and sterilized for 10 minutes, after which they are rolled up or closed tightly with a lid. Canned vegetables are stored in the cellar or pantry without problems throughout the winter season.
Eggplant caviar with mayonnaise in 40 minutes in the oven
Eggplant caviar can be prepared using tomato paste and mayonnaise. These two products will add a zesty, full-bodied flavor to this vegetable dish.
Important! The uniqueness of the recipe lies in the fact that delicious eggplant caviar can be cooked quite simply in the oven in just 40 minutes.
Set of products
To prepare a vegetable snack, you need 1 kg of eggplant, 300 g of tomato paste, 2-3 garlic cloves, one onion, 2-3 tbsp. mayonnaise and salt, pepper to taste. The amount of ingredients in the recipe is small, since such eggplant caviar is prepared as a seasonal dish and is not used for canning.
It is quite easy to prepare eggplant caviar from such a “modest” set of products. That is why it was decided to offer the recipe to the attention of novice cooks.
To prepare caviar you need:
- Wash the eggplants, dry them with a paper towel. Dip the whole vegetables, without cutting, in oil and put on a baking sheet. Bake the eggplant in the oven until cooked through. It will take about half an hour. Throughout this time, the eggplants must be periodically turned over to ensure that the pulp is evenly cooked without burning.
- Peel the finished eggplants, squeeze lightly, removing excess liquid. Chop the flesh of the stewed vegetable with a knife or chop with a meat grinder with large holes.
- In a deep bowl, combine chopped eggplant with tomato paste.
- Add fresh onion and garlic, mayonnaise and spices to taste before use.
Advice! Large eggplants for oven baking can be cut in half.
Despite the simplicity of preparation and a limited range of products, eggplant caviar prepared according to this recipe has an excellent taste. Even the most inexperienced chef can cook it.
Spicy eggplant caviar recipe
This recipe is great for canning. Vegetables, with the addition of spices, chili peppers, garlic and vinegar, have a tart, pungent taste that will keep you warm during the winter cold.
Products for cooking
To prepare tasty, spicy caviar, you will need 500 g of eggplants, 400 g of onions, 300 g of tomato paste, 100 g of carrots. The recipe also includes a whole variety of peppers: sweet bell pepper (preferably red), half a hot chili pepper, a little black pepper. If necessary, you can replace the chili pepper with 1 tsp. ground red pepper. Spicy herbs (parsley and dill) are also found in eggplant caviar. From preservatives for the preparation of snacks, you must use salt, sugar (to taste), sunflower oil in an amount of 160 g and 9% vinegar (5-10 ml).
Cooking caviar according to this recipe will take a little over an hour and a half. It takes a lot of time to cut and roast vegetables. The cooking process can be described in several stages:
- Wash the eggplants, cut them into cubes. The skins of young vegetables do not need to be removed.
- Peel the onion, cut into half rings.
- Cut carrots and peppers into strips.
- First fry the onion in a frying pan, then add the carrots. The next ingredient for frying is eggplant. Over time, add a straw of two peppers, salt and sugar to the mixture of vegetables.
- Add tomato paste to the main products, simmer the mixture of vegetables for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add chopped herbs and vinegar to the caviar.
- Put the finished product in jars, cover them with a lid and sterilize. For 500 ml cans, 30 minutes of sterilization is sufficient, for liter cans this time must be increased to 50 minutes.
- Roll up jars of caviar after sterilization.
Cooking eggplant caviar using this recipe will take a lot of time and effort, however, the result is worth it. Delicious caviar is great as a main course and an addition to boiled potatoes and bread.
Despite the simplicity of the description, cooking eggplant caviar can cause some difficulties for inexperienced cooks. In this case, a visual example will allow you to see all the stages of preparation and perform manipulations by analogy. A video of cooking eggplant caviar using tomato paste can be found here:
Eggplant caviar is a tasty and healthy product that can be cooked quickly enough. Some recipes allow you to cope with this task in just 30-40 minutes. During the cooking process, caviar retains some vitamins and useful properties of natural products. Eggplant caviar allows you to enjoy the taste of vegetables in the winter season and increase the immunity of the human body. The product can be useful not only for adults, but also for babies. Steamed vegetables can help young children improve their digestion. In general, we can conclude: eggplant caviar is a product for the whole family, the hostess's task is only to choose the best recipe and use it wisely.