We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Wine made from currant leaves turns out to be no less tasty than a drink made from berries. In the 60s of the last century, for the first time, the gardener Yarushenkov compiled a recipe for homemade wine using green leaves of fruit shrubs and trees. The renowned winegrower K.B. Wünsch continued to work and improved the drink. He added alcohol to it, which fixed the wine and stopped fermentation. Since then, the technology has become widespread. Now currant leaves are not thrown away, but used in the same way as berries.
The benefits and harms of currant wine
The benefits of homemade wine made from currant leaves are due to the rich vitamin composition of various parts of the bush.
The leaves contain:
- vitamin C - the strongest antioxidant of its kind, which slows down the aging process and increases the body's resistance to many diseases;
- carotene - is responsible for the health of the skin and eyes;
- phytoncides - help the body weakened after an illness to restore strength;
- essential oils - help to preserve youthfulness of the skin and strengthen hair.
Based on this composition, useful properties can be determined:
- The drink has an antiviral effect on the body. Promotes the treatment of spring and autumn colds.
- The product helps to recover from long-term illnesses and tone the body.
- Regular moderate consumption of wine helps to treat chronic fatigue and insomnia.
- The drink normalizes the activity of the heart and blood vessels, supports brain activity.
- Homemade wine made from currant leaves helps in the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system.
- In small doses, the drink is the prevention of Alzheimer's disease.
There are no special contraindications, but it is not recommended to take the product in large quantities for persons with stomach ulcers, gastritis and thrombophlebitis. Caution should be exercised when pregnant women drink the drink.
Wine made from currant leaves can cause serious harm to the body only in case of individual intolerance to the components that make up its composition.
Important! Despite the wide range of useful properties, you should not abuse the drink. Its benefits are due to moderate use.
Ingredients for Currant Leaf Wine
To make homemade wine from currant leaves, you need the following ingredients:
- currant leaves - 80 g;
- water - 7 l;
- sugar - 1.8 kg;
- ammonia - 3 g;
- raisins are a small handful.
Advice! Additionally, you can use the leaves of other fruit trees and shrubs: grapes, cherries, sweet cherries and others. So the taste of the drink will become richer, and its aroma will be enriched with berry notes.
Step-by-step recipe for wine from currant leaves
The cooking algorithm is as follows:
- 7 liters of water is brought to a boil, after which currant leaves are laid. You can dilute them with a little grape or cherry.
- The leaves are pushed with a rolling pin or other blunt object so that they move from the surface of the water to the bottom.
- After 3-5 minutes, the pan is removed from the stove, covered with a lid and tightly wrapped in a blanket or blanket. Leave in this form for 3-4 days.
- Then the resulting wort is poured into another container of the same volume. To start the fermentation process, a small handful of raisins are added to the liquid. A properly prepared wort at this point has a brownish hue. A slight sourness should be felt in its smell.
- Next, 3 g of ammonia is poured into the wort.
- After 2 days, active fermentation will begin, which will continue for another 1-2 weeks. At this time, it is important to ensure a sufficient level of sugar in the liquid - 250 g of sugar should fall on a liter of wine.
- The end of active fermentation is determined by the absence of a foam head on the wine. Then it is poured into 3-liter jars and closed with lids with one petal.
- After that, the wort is regularly checked for sugar. Quiet fermentation can last quite a long time - the end of the process is determined by the dense sediment at the bottom of the jar. The wine itself becomes transparent. In fact, homemade wine is already ready, but you should not use it right away - the smell of such a product is very pungent.
- The resulting wine is poured into plastic bottles, together with the sediment. The containers are tightly closed and the amount of carbon dioxide in them is checked every day. It is important not to miss the moment when a sufficient amount of gas has accumulated - for this, they try to twist the lid slightly. If it opens tightly, then you need to carefully release the accumulated gas.
- The last step in making wine is draining the product. The wine is drained 2-3 times. The first time the drink becomes clear. The procedure is carried out using a thin tube. For strength at this point, you can add sugar - 1-2 tbsp. l. The second and third plums are carried out after the wine has brightened again. You don't need to add sugar.
This completes the preparation of wine at home. The finished product is bottled and stored.
Terms and conditions of storage
Homemade wine made from currant leaves is stored for an average of 1 year, if no vodka was added to it according to the recipe. Wine with the addition of vodka does not lose its properties for three years.
It is recommended to store the product in a cool, dark place. For these purposes, a refrigerator, basement or cellar is suitable. Other food products should be kept as far away as possible so that the wine does not absorb the smell of various pickles and preparations. Even hermetically sealed covers will not protect against this.
Important! The longer the drink is stored, the stronger it becomes.
Making wine from currant leaves is very simple. This is a tasty and healthy drink that, when consumed in moderation, reduces the risk of developing many diseases.
In addition, you can learn about the features of making homemade wine from currant leaves from the video: