Gebeloma inaccessible is a common lamellar mushroom of the Hymenogastric family. The fruit body has a classic shape with a pronounced cap and stem. This species prefers to grow in moist soils. The official name is Hebeloma fastibile.
What does hebeloma inaccessible look like?
The cap in young specimens is hemispherical, but as it grows it becomes prostrate, slightly depressed in the center. Its diameter reaches from 4 to 8 cm. The surface is mucous. There is a fibrous fringe along the edge of the cap. The upper part of the gebeloma is inaccessible to an initially reddish hue, and whitens when ripe. On the reverse side there are wide rare plates of a whitish shade.
Important! When broken, the pulp is light, does not change its color. It emits a strong unpleasant odor reminiscent of a radish.
The leg of the inaccessible hebeloma is cylindrical, often spindle-shaped with a thickening at the base. Its height reaches 6-10 cm, and its thickness is 1.5-2 cm. White scales can be seen on the upper part. In young mushrooms, the leg has a dense consistency, but becomes hollow during the ripening period. It has a barely noticeable flaky ring. The shade of the lower and upper parts of the mushroom is identical.
Disputes in hebeloma are inaccessible oval or elliptical in shape. Their size is 7.4-10.4 x 4.5-6.3 microns.
Where Gebeloma grows inaccessible
This species grows everywhere on moist soil, less often on rotting wood. Inaccessible gebele can be found in coniferous, deciduous forests, and in mixed plantings. And also it can grow in a park area, a public garden and an abandoned garden in the presence of favorable conditions for growth.
The ripening period begins at the end of August and lasts all September. Gebeloma inaccessible grows in group plantings.
This species grows throughout the European part of Russia, the Far East and Siberia.
Is it possible to eat the inaccessible gebel
This species belongs to the category of poisonous mushrooms due to the high content of toxins that cause disorders of the digestive system and disrupt cardiac activity. With the provision of timely medical care, recovery occurs 2-3 days after poisoning.
Important! The use of hebeloma inaccessible for serious diseases of the kidneys, heart and digestive organs can be fatal.
Signs of intoxication of the body can manifest themselves in different ways, depending on the state of human health, the amount of mushrooms eaten.
Common symptoms of inaccessible gebeloma poisoning:
- bouts of vomiting;
- pain in the abdomen;
- loose stools;
- visual impairment;
- high temperature;
- low pressure;
- general weakness.
With a slight deterioration in well-being, unpleasant symptoms persist for 2-3 days and go away on their own. In severe cases, urgent medical attention and hospitalization are required.
First aid for poisoning
With a significant deterioration in health after eating mushrooms, you need to immediately call an ambulance.
While waiting for the doctor, you need to induce vomiting to clear the stomach of the remains of questionable food. Then drink activated charcoal at the rate of 1-2 tablets for every 10 kg of weight. And if possible, do an enema.
Important! It is impossible to take medications other than absorbents, as they can blur the clinical picture.
Gebeloma inaccessible is a dangerous mushroom that is recommended to be avoided. Therefore, you should learn to distinguish between edible and poisonous species so as not to harm your health.
In case of doubt, it is better to refuse to collect mushrooms, and if alarming symptoms of poisoning appear, provide first aid to the patient.