We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fragrant millechnik belongs to the russula family, genus Millechnik. In Latin it sounds like this - Lactarius glyciosmus. This name has a lot of synonyms: malt, aromatic milk mushroom, and aromatic or fragrant milkman. Not so long ago, a new name appeared in the literature - coconut milkman, thanks to its pulp, which exudes a light aroma reminiscent of this fruit. But some reference books refute this fact. More detailed information about the fragrant load can be found in this article, which provides a description and photo, as well as collection rules and much more.
Where the fragrant milkman grows
Solodchak is a fairly common species.
Active fruiting of this species occurs in the period from September to October. As a rule, they live in mixed or coniferous forests, preferring wet and dark places. Most often found under birch or aspen trees, among fallen leaves or on mossy soil. They grow in small groups of 4-10 fruiting bodies.
What does fragrant milk look like?
The bitter taste of this mushroom repels insects
The fragrant milky can be recognized by the following characteristics:
- A small cap, the size of which is 3-6 cm in diameter. At a young age, it is convex, over time it becomes prostrate with a depressed center. In older specimens, the cap takes on a funnel-shaped shape with folded edges. On the surface there is a slight pubescence, dry to the touch. During the rainy season, it becomes shiny and slightly sticky. Most often, the color of the cap is gray with pinkish or ocher shades.
- On the inner side of the cap there are narrow, but frequent plates running down on the leg. Painted in beige, gradually acquire a grayish or pinkish tint. Overripe specimens turn brown.
- Spores are ellipsoidal, cream-colored with an ornamented surface.
- This species is characterized by a small leg. Its height is about 1 cm, and its thickness is 0.5-1 cm. The color of the same color range as the hat can be lighter by a couple of tones. It is smooth to the touch, loose in structure, and cavities form in it with aging.
- The pulp is white, particularly fragile. In case of damage, it secretes a large amount of milky juice. It has a coconut aroma, but some sources deny this fact and argue that the smell of aromatic lactic acid is similar to fresh hay. The taste is bland with a tangy aftertaste.
Is it possible to eat fragrant milkman
This specimen is a conditionally edible mushroom, according to its taste, it belongs to category 3. Differs in a pronounced aroma. Due to the bitter aftertaste, mushroom pickers are not particularly held in high esteem, but preliminary boiling can eliminate the unpleasant pungency and strong smell. It is mainly used for salting or as a flavoring for various dishes.
Important! Fresh consumption of aromatic lactarius is not recommended, as it can be harmful to health.
False doubles of the coconut milkman
This species has no poisonous counterparts.
The fragrant milky, the photo and description of which is indicated in this article, is outwardly similar to the following relatives:
- The papillary milky is considered a conditionally edible species. The diameter of the cap varies from 3 to 9 cm, and its color can be bluish-gray, dark brown with a purple or pinkish tint. The leg of the twin is noticeably larger, the thickness of which is 1-2 cm, and the length is 3-7 cm. Milky sap is not abundant, in old mushrooms it is completely absent.
- Miller is faded - conditionally edible, but before use it is necessary to soak for 2-3 days. In shape and color, it is similar to the described species, however, a distinctive feature is the long leg of the twin, about 4-8 cm.When the fruit body is damaged, a whitish milky sap is released, which soon turns gray or olive in color.
Rules for collecting mushroom aromatic lactic acid
Going in search of a fragrant milkman, it is important to remember that this species prefers to settle in humid and dark places. It grows from the beginning of September, appears especially actively after heavy rains. Quite often, this specimen hides in tall grass, under fallen leaves or moss.
The fruiting body of the aromatic lactarius is particularly fragile and fragile. In order not to damage the fungus, removal from the soil should be carried out as carefully as possible. In addition, do not forget about the right container. To increase the shelf life of fresh fragrant milkmen, it is necessary to put them in a well-ventilated container. For these purposes, wicker baskets are best suited.
How to cook a fragrant milkman
Most often, this instance is eaten in a salty form. There is a certain algorithm of actions how to salt a fragrant milkman:
- To clear the gifts of the forest from garbage.
- Soak the mushrooms for 2-3 days, crushing them with a load, while you need to change the water daily.
- Rinse the specimens, boil in salted water for about 10 - 15 minutes. Pour the mushroom broth.
- Put mushrooms in prepared jars.
- Add the necessary spices, for example, currant leaves, dill, bay leaves.
- Close with lids, put in a cool place.
So, the fragrant milkman fully justifies its name, since it exudes a pronounced smell of coconut. In some foreign reference books, this variety is inedible. In our country, many mushroom pickers bypass these fruits because of the bitter aftertaste, fragile pulp and strong odor. But in Russia, it is classified as conditionally edible mushrooms and can be consumed in salted form after preliminary special processing.