We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There are very few plants that combine seemingly incompatible things: medicinal, honey plants, which are also used in landscape design and at the same time grow right under your feet, like ordinary weeds. A striking example of such a combination is clover.
Clover Botanical Description
Clover (another name for stable) belongs to the legume family, the genus Shamrock. In form, it is grass, which can be either annual or perennial, depending on the particular species. Flowers come mainly in two shades - white and red. Sometimes there are pink and two-tone.
It is interesting that clover is a good honey plant, and only bumblebees and bees pollinate it in the wild. Honey has a characteristic pleasant aroma and looks like a solid mass of milky color.
Characteristics of types and varieties of clover
Clover forms many species and varieties (more than two hundred are described), some of which are described below.
This is the most common and most common species in our latitudes. In height, it reaches medium size (usually 30-35 cm), blooms with beautiful flowers of milky shades, is adapted to different conditions so that it can withstand even prolonged trampling, severe frosts and other negative factors. Under normal conditions, it grows extremely strong and can destroy some crops.
This species is also called reddish - in accordance with the color of the flowers. Interestingly, with a favorable development, the plant can reach 70-80cm in height, which is a record among all types of clover. The plant is perennial; it blooms mainly from late June to mid-August. Widely used as a feed crop.
This species gives beautiful white flowers. Likes to live in the foothills, meadows, valleys and forest edges. Valuable in its composition: it contains various B vitamins, essential oils and keratin. Travelers use it to treat wounds and stop minor bleeding. It is also useful as a cosmetic product.
It has a peculiar inflorescence in the form of a spikelet, reaches a maximum height of 25-30 cm. Used for medicinal purposes, since it improves metabolic processes and helps strengthen immunity due to vitamins C and E, essential oils and tannins.
Has beautiful pale pink flowers in the form of small hearts. It is mainly distributed in the European part of Russia. It is a very good honey plant - from 1 hectare you can collect more than a centner of honey (110-120 kg). The plant is used as a medicine since it has a complex effect on the body: expectorant, wound healing, antiseptic and others.
The plant has one and two year old varieties. Distributed not only in Eurasia, but also in the temperate zone of North America. It is used as a honey plant, although less frequently than some other varieties: collecting a centner per hectare.
This species has a sufficiently strong stem, which well raises leaves and peduncles above the ground. It reaches a height of about 40-50 cm. It prefers open sunny places, grows poorly in the shade of trees. Used as a forage crop, and cultivated for more than two centuries. It treats diseases such as bronchitis, tonsillitis, acute respiratory viral infections and fever attacks.
What does clover meadow look like and where does it grow
Clover meadow has juicy greens with small egg-shaped leaves, which are located in the famous triangles. The plant gives flowers all summer and until the end of September.
The stems branch well and rise above the ground to a height of 20 cm to half a meter. Clover produces fruits in the form of angular small beans of red and purple hues, but can also multiply by shoots.
This flower gives many varieties that are quite unpretentious to the living conditions and are distributed almost everywhere in the temperate zone of Eurasia: from the Middle European latitudes to Siberia and the Far East of Russia. As you approach the south, clover is less common because it does not like a climate that is too hot - it hardly grows in the tropics, Africa and South America.
IT IS INTERESTING
Clover trefoil has long been “overgrown” with legends and even used as a decoration: the so-called diamond clover prefers a beautiful piece of jewelry - a pendant of the corresponding shape.
Medicinal properties of meadow clover
Drugs in a pharmacy containing clover
Clover is used in folk and official medicine. Today in the pharmacy you can buy several dosage forms based on clover - dried herbs and flowers, tablets and tinctures based on this flower. The use of these funds is best started after consultation with a doctor and taking into account the recommendations of the instruction.
As a dry raw material, meadow clover is most often sold in special filter bags or in bulk. It is used both in the composition of medicinal mixtures and in pure form.. It is used to wash sores on the skin, to treat boils, skin itching externally. It is also used orally for the treatment of bronchitis, vegetative-vascular dystonia and many other diseases.
Clover in tablets and capsules
In tablets and capsules, meadow clover and often red clover are used. As it is, it is used as an additive (BAA) to improve metabolic processes, increase tone, cleanse blood vessels, and also to normalize the hormonal background in women with menopause and various violations of the monthly cycle.
Alcohol tincture is prepared on the basis of red clover (flowers and leaves). It is also used to cleanse blood vessels, to restore hormonal balance in the female body, as well as for severe body fatigue, in the treatment of insomnia and many other diseases.
The use of stables in traditional medicine
The plant has been used in folk medicine for a long time and is used from dozens of various diseases and pathological processes, since it contains many useful substances: vitamins, mineral trace elements, essential oils, biologically active substances, etc.
Indications for the use of stables are very diverse. Generally medicines based on it have an improvement in the general condition of the body due to:
- Increased resistance to infectious diseases by improving immunity.
- Lowering blood cholesterol, strengthening blood vessel tissues. Due to this property, clover is widely used as a means of cleaning vessels.
- Improvements in heart activity, optimizing heart rate by strengthening blood vessels and stabilizing blood pressure.
- Normalization of the level of secretion of female hormones, which contributes to the inhibition of inflammatory processes in the appendages, allows you to cope with premenstrual syndrome and ensures synchronization of the monthly cycle.
- Inhibition of allergic rashes, itching, redness on the skin (for this, freshly squeezed juice of the stable is used).
- Use as a preventive measure against SARS and influenza.
- Restoring skin tissue after abrasions, wounds, burns.
- Bactericidal effects on various mucous membranes (vagina, oral cavity, throat).
Important! In the case of some chronic diseases, during pregnancy, as well as in some other cases, the use of drugs based on the stable is possible only with the approval of a doctor.
Clover Medicines Prescriptions
Clover is used for both outdoor and indoor use. The plant is used fresh (juice), in the form of decoctions, foliage on the skin, as well as in the form of alcohol tinctures.
Cleaning vessels from cholesterol, toxins is an urgent problem for many people, and clover helps to cope with it quite effectively. Traditional medicine offers this recipe:
- Take dry flowers of clover meadow or red in the amount of a tablespoon and pour a glass of hot water.
- Next, the tea is boiled on moderate warming for 10 minutes and infused for another hour.
- The course of admission lasts a month: 3 weeks of therapy and a week break. Reception 5 times a day inside on a tablespoon of this broth. Such cycles need to be done only 3-4 (i.e. 3-4 months).
Specifically, with elevated cholesterol levels, different dosage forms of red clover are most often used. You can use the following recipe:
- With dry flowers of red clover, fill a third of the jar and pour vodka to the top of it.
- Infuse the mixture for 15 days in a shaded place. In this case, it is necessary to mix the contents daily.
- Therapy is long - about 3-4 months. Daily course: three times a tablespoon of the obtained extract for half an hour before each meal. After a month of treatment, a break is made for a week, and thus 3-4 cycles are completed. Such courses can be repeated after six months, focusing on your condition.
Important! Clover intake will help not only lower cholesterol, but also solve a number of related problems: stabilize blood pressure, work the heart, overcome chronic fatigue and insomnia.
Areas of application for clover meadow
Infusions and decoctions of field clover for colds
The most common clover helps to cope with a cold. Here is one recipe:
- Take 2 filter bags or 2 tablespoons of dry clover meadow and brew a small glass of boiling water.
- Next, you need to brew this tea for an hour.
- It is taken orally during acute respiratory viral infections, with bronchitis half a cup. It is better to always brew a fresh portion and do 2-3 sessions a day.
Clover lung treatment
Clover helps to cope not only with bronchitis, but also used as adjunctive therapy for pulmonary tuberculosis:
- The same amounts of the following components of dry plant material are taken: clover flowers, hop fruits, as well as greenery of nettles, St. John's wort, yarrow and saberfish and are poured with a liter of boiling water.
- Insist such a mixture for 6 hours and filter.
- 2 glasses are drunk per day: one on an empty stomach before breakfast, and the rest in half before meals during the day.
Clover against neurodermatitis and eczema
For the treatment of skin diseases - eczema, boils, neurodermatitis, allergic reactions, medicines based on the stable are used both externally in the form of baths and wipes with decoctions, and inside (tablets and capsules).
You can cook homemade ointment according to this recipe:
- Pour the flowers of the plant with a glass of hot vegetable oil (you need to warm it in an ordinary water bath).
- Insist such a mixture in a shaded place for 10 days.
- Then generously lubricate the affected areas of the skin and do night compresses until complete recovery.
How to brew tea from clover
Clover tea has a restorative, tonic effect. In the case of dry raw materials, you can use ready-made pharmacy options: it is especially convenient in filter bags and brew them according to the instructions (usually within half an hour).
If it is possible to independently collect the plant, then it is better to take the flowers and dry them for several days in the open sun. Dry raw materials are brewed for an hour. You can pre-chop the flowers - then the tea is made faster. It is used daily before each meal (for 15-20 minutes).
Is clover useful during pregnancy?
Many women are worried about how safe it is to take clover during pregnancy. There are different versions - from the complete ban during pregnancy to the fact that in limited doses, tea based on clover can be drunk during pregnancy and even during lactation.
It can be concluded that it should be used with caution. The possibility of a course of treatment based on any dosage form of clover, as well as the question of what benefits it will bring to a woman during this period, should be clarified by a doctor and only then make a final decision.
Contraindications to the use of any dosage forms based on clover include:
- stomach ulcer;
- cases of postoperative recovery amid severe pathologies (heart attack, stroke);
- cancer of the female genital organs;
- thrombophlebitis - in this case, the use of clover is absolutely contraindicated.
Clover in landscaping
Some varieties of clover have a peculiar color of the leaves, so gardeners like to plant them on their site as an additional decoration. Such plants give a beautiful effect of a green carpet, and also create a background against which bright flowers stand out. Here examples of some decorative varieties:
- Good luck;
In fact, clover serves as an excellent alternative to the lawn:
- the background looks voluminous due to numerous leaflets;
- foliage of elegant shape and small size enlivens the site;
- since there are clover varieties with interesting burgundy and brown leaves, they can be used to create contrast with vibrant colors.
Clover is an excellent example of a useful plant, which acts not only on specific organ systems, but also favorably affects the human condition. In addition, the plant is very unpretentious and has design potential.