We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Early grape varieties always seem to be delicious. The early ripening grapes Long-awaited, similar to raisins, have an exquisite taste combined with an appetizing appearance. Lovers of large and juicy green-cream berries forgive him from time to time coming across hard seeds.
The Long-awaited hybrid, 4 classes of seedlessness, was recently bred by a famous amateur breeder from Novocherkassk V.N. Kraynov based on the famous varieties Talisman and Kishmish Radiant. Large-fruited, early ripening, versatility - the Long-awaited grape variety is considered not only a delicious dining form, but also suitable for creating wine - they make it especially popular on personal plots.
Grapes can be grown not only in the southern regions of the country, but also in the middle lane. Although the Long-awaited variety is not very hardy, withstands only -23 degrees, the vine does not need a lot of sunlight to ripen. Satisfied with the usual rate that falls on the central regions, grapes delight gardeners with beautiful impressive bunches of sweet berries and ripe shoots. And in the conditions of a short summer, the tops of the vine become lignified. The grapes are drought-resistant, do not like waterlogging.
Features of fruiting
According to the description of the variety, the Long-Awaited White Grape After Planting rewards the grower for caring for the first harvest after 3 years. The vine blooms in mid-June, is characterized by good pollination, belongs to the bisexual type of inflorescence. The Long-Awaited variety is valued for its stable yield and large, gracefully shaped berries, seedless or with 1-2 seeds, sometimes rudimentary. The early ripening period gives the Long-awaited special appeal. The grapes, according to the descriptions of gardeners, are very early. It ripens in 100 or 105-120 days from the beginning of the growing season, by August.
From one adult vine, from 6 to 10 kg of delicious berries are harvested. The Long-awaited grapes have partial peas, but even small berries ripen completely. Plucked bunches are stored in a cool place. In favorable weather, they keep on the bushes for a long time. Ripe grapes Long-awaited need to be protected from rains and covered with foil during watering. If exposed to rain, they crack and rot, and may crumble during transportation. In sunny, dry weather, overripe berries dry out and become very sweet.
Warning! Growers often treat soft-seeded grapes with gibberellin to increase seedless berry numbers. But the ovaries of the hybrid Long-awaited after such treatment crumble.
For sufficient nutrition, the Long-awaited variety needs 4-6 square meters of area. If several grape cuttings are planted nearby, the distance between them is standard: one and a half or two meters. The hybrid combines well with various rootstocks, and itself can successfully serve in this capacity. Grapes are easily propagated by cuttings. Chubuki quickly take root and take root in a new place. The development of the vine does not depend on whether it grows on a rootstock or on its own rooted form.
Long-awaited grapes, as indicated in the description of the variety, are characterized by an average sensitivity to pathogens of fungal diseases - 3.5 points. Quite often it is affected by powdery mildew, but it is resistant against grape mites. Wasps usually do not attack berries of this variety.
Advantages and disadvantages
The Long-awaited grapes, as evidenced by gardeners' reviews, have many advantages for which the vine is grown even on a commercial scale.
- Very early maturation;
- High commercial indicators: tempting appearance, excellent taste, lack of seeds in the prevailing number of berries, good yield;
- Transportability and storage duration;
- High-quality properties of the vine: the cuttings take root quickly and are combined with the rootstocks, the shoots ripen well, male and female flowers are presented together.
The disadvantages of the Long-awaited grape variety are:
- Average susceptibility to fungal diseases;
- Damage to the crop in case of prolonged rains;
- The presence of seeds in some of the berries.
Attention! Stable yield of grapes Long-awaited provide proper care and formation of the vine.
Medium-sized vines have vigorous vines. They bear large conical clusters. The minimum weight of a bunch is 500 g, weighing on average 700-800 g. If the requirements of agricultural technology are observed, they reach a weight of 1.5-1.7 kg. The declared mass of the bunch is noted on the vines from the second year of fruiting. The structure of the bunch is medium dense, partially loose.
Average weight of grape berries Long-awaited - 12 g, length 3.5 cm. Smaller ones weigh from 7 g. Berries of an elongated nipple shape of a warm greenish-white hue, when fully ripe, acquire a transparent amber depth. The skin is thin or medium-dense, easily eaten.
The pulp is juicy, fleshy, pleasant, delicate taste, harmoniously combines the light acidity of grapes and sweetness. Sometimes the sunny berries of the Long-awaited grape are very sweet. Hard grains are rarely found. More often the berries are soft-seeded. Sugar content from 17 to 22%, acidity 7-8 g / l. Tasting assessment of the taste of the grape variety. Long-awaited high: 4.5 points.
Dessert grapes Long-awaited in the middle lane, it is better to plant in spring, at the end of April. In the south, the culture is planted in October, with good cover. Sunny, cozy areas that are not blown by northern winds meet the requirements of a delicate vine. For grapes, you need to prepare light soil in the planting pit. It is only necessary to avoid places where groundwater lies close to the surface.
A powerful vine of the Long-awaited variety is required for development up to 6 sq. m of nutrient area. In the fall, the territory is dug up with the introduction of a bucket of humus and 30 g of superphosphate per square meter. Fertilizers are laid, since the roots of grapes, spreading, will feed on them for several years. On clayey soils, the soil is mixed with sand. For the autumn planting of grapes, the holes are harvested from the beginning of summer.
- Dig a landing hole with a diameter of 1 m, a depth of 0.7-0.8 m;
- The top fertile soil layer is poured separately to prepare the nutrient mixture;
- Drainage material is laid below;
- The next layer is a mixture of fertile soil with humus or compost, to which half a bucket of wood ash and 0.5 kg of azophoska are added.
Important! In the south, in arid places, an inch-diameter pipe is inserted into the pit to water the roots of the grapes.
In the spring, a layer of loose upper earth is applied to the hole and the seedling is carefully set. The grapes are watered and the trunk circle is mulched;
- In the fall, a seedling of the Long-awaited variety must first be hilled in order to protect it from frost;
- Saplings from nurseries are soaked in water for a day, and before planting they are dipped in a mash made of water, mullein and clay;
- Grapes of the Long-awaited variety are deepened into the ground so that only two eyes remain on the surface.
The author of the hybrid emphasized that individual vines require careful farming, like the Long-awaited variety. The grapes reveal their fruiting potential on strong wood, using organic and mineral fertilizers for nutrition.
- The variety is watered infrequently, except for the berry pouring phase;
- In the 4th year after planting, a trench is dug along the hole, where 10-20 kg of humus is poured. The next year, a trench is dug on the other side of the bush;
- Foliar dressing is carried out with complex fertilizers before and after flowering;
- Before winter, young vines are sprayed with a 3% solution of iron or copper sulfate and covered with earth. Adults - straw, spruce branches, agrofibre;
- Vines are sprayed with fungicides 2-3 times per season for prophylaxis.
The quality of the Long-awaited variety depends on the correct pruning. The bush is created for 30-35 eyes.
- The variety is formed by a 4-arm fan;
- For grapes, the long-awaited properties of raisins are not regulated by anything. But the annual autumn long pruning is important, in which 8-10 buds are left on each of 20-25 shoots;
- In the spring, damaged branches are removed;
- In the summer, shoots that thicken the bush are constantly broken out to allow sunlight to access the berries. Some of the leaves are also removed, which promotes airing and relieves of powdery mildew;
- Cut off the extra bunches so that the shoot does not break off, after which the vine does not bear fruit.
A wonderful vine will decorate the garden and give early berries with a rich and harmonious taste.
Dmitry, 49 years old, Belgorod region
The long-awaited grape was planted with a seedling from the nursery several years ago for testing. The vine is excellent. The berries are highly marketable. Now about ten bushes are growing out of my cuttings. We need to take care of the shelter, but the harvest is good.
Alla, 42 years old, Stavropol Territory
We planted the Long-awaited grape variety in the yard. In the spring, it spreads along the trellis, creating a real green screen. In some years, it suffers greatly from powdery mildew, and the wasps do not get bored.
Nadia, 35 years old, Volgograd
Our Long-awaited grapes also grow in the yard. Everyone loves berries. Only the husband is dissatisfied. After all, he was told during the sale that it was raisins. And the bones are more often in one year, in the other they are almost completely invisible. But everyone liked the variety, we will not change it.