We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When it comes to the use of fertilizers for domestic plants, it is important to consider a large number of nuances. It is especially important to comply with such selection rules when there is a need to feed orchids.
Means for this type of plants have significant differences from standard preparations for indoor flowers:
- Indicators of acidity should be strictly in the parameters pH = 5 to pH = 7. Neglect of this condition will not allow the necessary substances to absorb into the root system of the plant.
- Certain parameters of the concentration of trace elements must be observed, which is due to lower requirements in such components.
- The entire set of trace elements in the fertilizer must be in chelated form. Most importantly, the presence of such a form for iron.
- Phalaenopsis needs significant indicators of mineral components and a fairly low content of organic matter, which can cause an overdose in a plant.
Of course, at the moment there is no ideal fertilizer for an orchid, however, most of the drugs that are produced by modern manufacturers reflect quite well on the state of exotics. The main principle of fertilizing is to know how and when to fertilize a flower.
How to feed orchids
Currently, two methods of feeding an elegant flower can be used:
- Root fertilization preferably for fully grown and mature indoor plants. It is important to remember that first you need to carry out high-quality watering of the flower to the state of a fully moistened root system. Then the fertilizer is diluted in clean and warm water in accordance with the instructions. The finished solution must be poured into a container into which a flower pot with a plant is lowered. In this position, the plant should be kept for no more than 20 minutes.
- Foliar feeding equally important is flower development, and is used as an alternative. As a rule, foliar top dressing is used for young plants or if the root system of the flower has significant damage that does not allow root fertilization. This method is often used in the presence of a plant leaf disease such as chlorosis, and at the stage of active growth of the root system. A feature of the use of this feeding option is to spray in cloudy weather and further obscure the exot from direct UV and drafts.
A special issue is the application of fertilizers at the stage of active flowering of exotics. Inexperienced flower growers quite often make just such a mistake and produce abundant fertilizer during the period of active budding or at the stage of mass flowering.
It is these actions that cause a reduction in the flowering time. However, one must take into account the fact that it is the introduction of funds with a significant content of potassium and phosphorus that can qualitatively stimulate the emergence of flower buds.
Feeding Phalaenopsis at home
How to feed orchids
The category of the most popular and popular fertilizers in our country, which are most often used in indoor floriculture, includes the following products and preparations:
- BonaForte "and"Greenworld;
- Uniflor Growth;
Specialists and experienced florists recommend using the following highly effective and well-proven products as fertilizers for top dressing of flowering exotics:
- "Agrecol" - The mineral gel is designed to form a healthy plant, capable of improving its appearance as soon as possible, providing spectacular growth and color saturation of the flowers. A feature of the consistency of the gel is to facilitate the dosing process and good solubility.
- "Agrecol with Vitamin C" - highly concentrated, multicomponent, liquid mineral fertilizer with vitamins. It has a balanced composition of macro- and micronutrients necessary for healthy growth and development of flowers.
- "Dr. Foley" - a drug that is used for foliar top dressing of most orchid species, including Phalaenopsis, Oncidium, Maxillaria, Ludisia, Slippers, Cattleya, Lelia, Dendrobium and Bromeliad. Maximum usability is represented by spraying the leaves. It contains not only macro- and microelements, but also amino acids and essential vitamins.
- Brexil Combi - cocktail preparation based on microelements, specially designed for indoor plants that lack iron. Spraying is carried out with an interval of two weeks.
- "Master Color" - the composition is enriched with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, trace elements in the form of EDTA, as well as vitamins and amino acids.
Features of feeding orchids
Before starting the fertilizer process, you need to soak the root system of the flower in soft and clean water at room temperature. The root system of exotic plants is characterized by sufficient tenderness and fragility, neglect of water procedures can burn it.
The use of foliar top dressing requires compliance with the following rules:
- spraying foliage should be carried out as evenly as possible;
- Do not allow the product to get on the peduncles;
- it is impossible to perform top dressing in a cold room or in the presence of drafts;
- when sprayed on a flower, the sun should not fall.
After spraying is carried out, a thorough examination of the growth point and the spaces between the leaves, which must be clean and dry, is required.
You should remember the most basic rule of dressing indoor plants: an orchid is better to undernourish than overfeed. When performing general dressing, it is necessary to use a complex type of fertilizer, which is available in granules that are convenient for use. At the peduncle bookmark phase, it is recommended to switch to the foliar type of fertilizer application.